Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Looking Back

I love going back and looking at our photo albums. I would post every picture I have but that's not possible so every now and then I will post some of my favorites.

This picture was taken when Elizabeth was 4 and Rebecca was 3. I had just gotten a sample of lipstick from Avon that I loved. It was a great color and I was so happy. The girls had been quiet for a while so I didn't think too much of it. I found them in my bathroom. I asked them what they were doing. Elizabeth said that they weren't doing anything. Rebecca said that Elizabeth was making her pretty. I asked Elizabeth if she had been playing with my lipstick. She was very sure when she told me that Rebecca had been playing with the lipstick but she never touched it. Rebecca of course had a different story about who was the one actually putting on the lipstick. I asked Elizabeth if she was sure that she didn't put any lipstick on herself. She started yelling at me because I didn't believe her. I picked her up and let her look in the mirror. I didn't have to say anything because when she saw the lipstick on her face she put her head down in shame and then said that she was sorry. I was so sad that my perfect shade of lipstick was now gone but the look on their faces just made me laugh and I knew this was one of those moments I would want to remember forever.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I think it is so fun to took through old photos, sometimes you forget how little and cute they were. Rebecca actually looks bigger than Elizabeth in that photo, maybe just cause she is closer to the camera. Fun stuff!