Friday, October 31, 2008

WE HAVE A DATE!!!

I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally have a date for the closing of our home. Of course there are still things that could postpone it again, but as for now, everything looks good. We will close Tuesday afternoon. They were going to close in October but since the interest rates dropped again they waited till the first of November so that we could get the lower interest rate. That was news that I didn't mind getting. And after they gave us the good news of a lower interest rate came some other great news. Because we are so far behind schedule for starting the build, they have decided to contract out the roofing. That means that we do not have to apply shingles on any of the houses. Something that I was NOT looking forward to, especially in the winter (I am terrified of heights.) It will also make the building process at least a month shorter. And to top it all off, the tools that we are required to buy (that they forgot to mention to us) were on sale so they bought one set of them for us. Now we only have to buy one more set and we can do that. We feel so blessed at this time. We should have pics of the ground breaking in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

karijean said...

That is so exciting!! congrats