Sunday, October 5, 2008

Changing her ways?

Megan is a very stubborn child. Like I said in the previous post, she is one who will do what she wants when she is good and ready to do it. She does not usually respond to her name or look at you when you try to get her attention hardly at all. She hates it when I ask her to look at mommy, try to put shoes on her, and especially does not like it when I try to put a ponytail in her hair. However, the same day that she let me put shoes on her I thought I would push the envelope and put a ponytail in her hair too. Normally she would fight me the instant I touch her head, let alone hold still long enough for a rubber band to go in her hair. I guess she's starting to change her ways though because she sat still for me while I put a rubber band AND a barrette in her hair. I couldn't believe it. Shoes and a ponytail! So, while she was still in this trans she must have been in I thought, lets push the envelope a little farther and try to get her to look at the camera and smile. Would she do it? It did take a few pictures before I got one where she looked at the camera and smiled, but I got it. I don't know if this will last or if it was just one magical day, but I am just glad I was able to get such a cute picture of our little angel doll.

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

sounds like you had a very lucky day. I remember holding EmberLee's head between my knees to get her hair done. Eventually she ended up holding still. She knew she was going to get a ponytail with a fit or without one. I think it's great that you got shoes, ponytail, and a smiling picture with her looking at the camera. Your lucky :)