I can't believe how much they have grown. The years are going by way to fast. Everyone knows that my biggest complaint with the girls is that they are growing up too fast. I watched College Road Trip with them the other day. It was cute and I laughed. I totally empathized with the dad but when we got to the end and the dad had to let his "little girl" go, I completely lost it. I just pictured my girls in their place and I almost couldn't breathe. I had to remember that it was a movie and my girls were still at least 7 years from college age or else I would have been a basket case. I couldn't believe how emotional I was. The girls looked at me and asked why I was crying. They couldn't figure out if it was something in the movie or just me because I was crying so hard (and I was even holding back.) I feel bad for my girls. I don't know that I can ever let them go. I know I'm supposed to but I love them so much and they are so much fun that I don't want to. I am like the dad in the movie too because letting them go means that I can't keep them safe anymore. I have to let them fly in the world by themselves and it really scares me. I just have to remember what it was like for me. I wasn't scared, I was really excited. I made it through and I know the girls will too. But, at least for now, I am entitled to be an emotional mom when it comes to letting go. I just have to make the best of what time I have left. Anyway, here are their pics.

Dakota - 3rd Grade

Rebecca - 5th Grade

Elizabeth - 6th Grade
2 comments:
Super cute! Did you scan those, or did you buy the CD?
They are all growing up.
I did scan them in and then add my personal touch. I am obsessed with touching up pictures.
Post a Comment