It never fails, so why do I forget that it happens twice a year, every year? I ALWAYS get sick on the first day of the change of seasons. I get sick on the first day of really cold weather and the first day of warm weather. Saturday we went to see WALL-E since it finally came to the dollar theatre. It was so cold that night that it was snowing when we came out of the theatre. I was shivering so hard that I could hardly hold the steering wheel. It was also the first day that we had to use the heater at home. I didn't think much of it until I got up Sunday morning with a dry scratchy throat. I figured it was because it was the first night with the heater on and the air was dry. As the day wore on I quickly realized that it was not just dry air. I was getting sick! All that shivering had lowered my defenses and what ever germs were in my body were having a field day. I decided to go to bed early and try to get plenty of sleep to ward off as much of the illness as possible. It didn't work. I was miserable Monday morning. I didn't want to get out of bed at all. Unfortunately, when you have kids you don't get to call in sick, you just have to work through it. I only had one adult cold medicine on hand and I couldn't take it because it knocks me out. It would have been nice if I could have just laid down on the couch and kept and eye on Megan after the kids went to school but Dakota had a dentist appointment first thing in the morning so that was not possible. I took Megan with me to Dakota's appt. because I expected a quick cleaning and consultation and we would go. The dentist said that Dakota has a very crowded mouth and he wanted to pull two of her baby teeth so that the others had a better chance of coming in straight. Sure, no problem, I'll just make an appointment to come back and we'll have it done (then I can go home and go back to bed for a little time before Gavin comes.) He said that he would like to do it right now since she was already in the chair, he would be back after he took care of one other patient. Fine, I'll just go home and get Megan's binky (I didn't think I would be there long enough to need it and she was starting to get really fussy) since we don't live far from the dentist and be back before they would start with Dakota. Again, no such luck. Dakota was scared that I wouldn't be back in time. She thought that they would get done with her teeth and make her leave and if I wasn't there she would get lost, so she wouldn't let me go. It took a while because they had to wait for the Hygienist to numb her mouth, then the dentist took longer with the other patient than he thought he would. Dakota did fine but Megan was a big pill. Not that I blame her, she was tired, hungry, and confined to my arms, I would be upset too. I probably wouldn't have minded so much but I was not feeling well in the first place. I got home just in time to take Dakota back to school for the last 40 min. of class. As soon as I got back from taking Dakota to school Gavin was there (he came early.) Just my luck.
I did get a chance to get a small nap in after CJ got home. It was a really long day, but I made it through without yelling even once, even though I was miserable and the house was a wreck. I took my medicine right before bed and slept pretty good. I am feeling a little better today although I still don't feel like cleaning or cooking yet.
Thanks for letting me vent.
1 comment:
That was venting? I hope you feel better. I'm sick too. Lucky us??? I feel your pain. It seems to go that way when we need the nap. Hang in there.
Post a Comment