Monday, October 11, 2010
Dirty Dishes
So, our wonderful one year old dishwasher has decided not to get the dishes clean anymore. I guess it's on strike. It's under warranty though (we bought an extended warranty because I could foresee this issue from the first time I used it) so all I have to do is call and have the repair man come look at it...I hope. Until then it is back to washing dishes with the original dish washing apparatuses I was born with. For some this isn't a bad thing but I have my reasons for not liking it, one of which being the eczema that it causes. It hasn't been too bad though because the girls are old enough now that it goes pretty fast. Every night one of the girls helps with the dishes and they rotate so that everyone gets a turn. Friday and Saturday were pretty busy though so washing the dishes got pushed aside. It wouldn't have been so bad except that I tried my hand at making zucchini and pumpkin bread as well as some magic cookies on Saturday and I used a lot of mixing bowls and stuff so the pile of dishes looked worse because of the size of the dishes. After dinner yesterday I went in my room to read a book hoping to fall asleep for a little nap before tackling the dishes but I got so into my book that I never did get my nap. I could hear the movie everyone else was watching (The Legend of Johnny Lingo) out in the living room and it was just about over so I thought I would go join them for the ending because I love it so much. What I saw however blew me away! I just stood in the hallway looking into the kitchen unable to move. I was filled with such joy that tears fell right out of my eyes and I couldn't stop them. All three of the girls were working side by side by side washing the dishes TOGETHER. They had washed every dirty dish with out one single argument! They were laughing and working together so well that I almost didn't believe they were my children. I didn't want that moment to end. If this keeps up I may never call the repair man. Just kidding girls, but I sure have loved the time we have been spending together washing the dirty dishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We never had a dish washer in the years we raised our girls. My husband, Kev, would say-"Why do we need a dish washer we have six of them" meaning all of us. My new home here is the first dishwasher that I have ever used in my married life. I am enjoying it because I don't think we could get through all those baby bottles we clean every day.
Aaaahhhh, sweet story. Way to go, girls. You get bonus points for making mom cry out of joy instead of frustration. It's always a happy, happy day when kids get along, work together AND have a great time doing it.
Good luck with the dishwasher. Washing dishes by hand is a pain.
Love it!! That would never happen in my house....and I can prove it. Our dishwasher stopped cleaning dishes a couple weeks ago too. As hard as we tried to force it, just left lots of grit and grime on the dishes.
No, the kids never washed by hand involuntarily, just kept trying to force the DW to work...occasionally I had them wash by hand (much to their chagrin!)
So, I spent Saturday disassembling and cleaning my dishwasher parts. LOTS of stuff in there (both from kids not rinsing the dishes enough and lovely AZ mineral deposits). Then I ran dishwasher cleaner through twice.
I'm proud to say that my dishes are now coming out sparkly clean again. :-) Good luck with your dishwashing adventure
Shelly, take a look at the rotating arm where thr water comes out, and make sure there is nothing blocking any of the holes. We had that problem once, and there were lemon seeds blocking some of the holes, so it wasn't getting the dishes clean.
Dad
Post a Comment