Wednesday, October 20, 2010

9 months going on 2 years

Man oh man his babyhood is going by waaaay too quickly! He is 9 months old now. He acts so much older though. He is still trying so hard to do everything he's not supposed to be doing yet. He is persistent and strong willed. He doesn't hear the words "you are too little to be doing that." I hope he never looses his drive and his tenacity though, it will serve him well in this crazy world he is growing up in.

He is still on the small side with his weight but I don't believe it because he is getting to be such a chunk (at least in his little thighs) and he is a lot heavier. He still only has one lone little tooth and it is so cute. I love his little smile with that one little tooth poking out.

He really needs a hair cut so I'm trying to figure out how to get him to let me cut his hair when he won't even let me brush it. I think it will just have to get really long and bushy for now. I can already see how it's going to be when he's 2. He hates wearing a diaper and clothes. He would so totally rather be naked. When I change his diaper he gets this look on his face like he's begging me not to put his diaper back on and as soon as I let go so I can get the new diaper he flips over super fast and stands up ready to play then he fights getting his diaper and clothes back on. He also likes to run away. Okay so it is really crawling away but he is so fast (his nickname is Lightning McQueen because he is so fast) that I consider it running. He will get something he is not supposed to have and as soon as we go to get it from him he runs away and hides. He also throws 2 year old tantrums when he wants something and we don't give it to him fast enough or say no to him. I swear he is really 2 years old and I'm not ready for it. Plus what will he be like when he really is 2. I hope that maybe he is going through his terrible 2s now and when he is 2 he will be a sweet little angel. He is also communicating really well too. Along with the usual baby babble he does when playing he has this caveman talk that he does when he wants to tell us something. He makes grunts and sounds along with bobbing his whole body up and down. Picture the caveman images where they bounce up and down saying "ugh" over and over pointing to the wheel they just invented. That is exactly what he looks and sounds like when he is "talking" to us. Once I realized that he was trying to talk, and not just having weird convulsions ,we started teaching him baby sign language so that he can tell us what he wants. He's doing really good and can already sign "eat" and "more". It's amazing to see him do these signs.

This video was taken last month and I forgot to post it. He loves to stand and walk. He won't let me sit him down when I put him down, I have to put him down standing up. This is him practicing his favorite activity...walking.


He has gotten so good at walking that he doesn't need the "walker" any more. He's a big boy now and walks by himself. He can't go long distances yet but he is constantly taking his little walks and he is loving it.

I am so glad to be his mommy!! He is the most fun little boy EVER!

1 comment:

karijean said...

He is getting so big! How fun. Isn't sad that they don't stay babies....I can't believe how fast time is going! Thanks for a fun post.