Here in Payson our city celebrates Onion Days. This is a city tradition every Labor Day weekend. We have not been here for the last 3 Labor Days because we go to our families land in Arizona (that is our families tradition.) This year however, we were not able to go to Arizona because Rebecca is in the Color Guard and is marching with the high school band in the Onion Days parade and it is required. So this year we got to see the big parade and celebration that everyone talks about. It is quite the celebration I must say. Most cities in Utah have a day once a year where they celebrate. When I was very young we lived in a northern Utah city named Roy, where we celebrated Roy Days. Every year I looked forward with great anticipation to all the festivities that Roy Days would bring. This is Payson's city celebration. It is just like it was when I was a kid and I love it. The only complaint I have is that they call it Onion Days instead of Payson Days. Oh well, what are you going to do.
Here are the pictures of the marching band from the parade.
 |
| Lizzie enjoying the parade. |
 |
| The small but very dedicated Payson High School Marching band. |
 |
| The blonde girl in the center of the Color Guard is Rebecca. |
No comments:
Post a Comment