Friday, September 21, 2012

Old Is Made New

A midst all the craziness going on right now the one thing I needed and couldn't really function without is a new van.  Since loosing my baby last week I have been struggling to stay sane with all the transportation needs my family has and not being able to accommodate them.  Thank you to some wonderful neighbors that have really stepped up things have been running relatively normal.  I knew right away that the insurance company would "total" my van since it was old and not worth as much as it would cost to fix it.  I started looking right away to find a replacement van but was having very bad luck finding anything decent in my price range (like I said, the other van was a miracle.)  Well, the Lord does love us and if we work hard enough blessings will come.  I found a company that had a few vans in our price range.  I went and looked at them and found one that I couldn't believe was in our price range.  I knew as soon as I saw it that it was meant for us.  Even though I was feeling a little rushed (not by the sales people but by my own necessity for my own transportation) I purchased the van.  It was a little above the amount I felt comfortable paying but I bought it anyway. As soon as you see it you'll know why I felt it was meant just for us.




We had a white 1995 Dogdge Grand Caravan.  While I loved the van very much, it was a little out dated and only had one sliding door and I did always wish that magically a second one would appear.  Imagine my surprise when I found a white 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan with TWO sliding doors!  It looked almost identical to my other van, right down to the interior fabric.  There are some differences of course like the second sliding door and captains chairs in the middle row instead of a bench seat, but for the most part, it IS my van that I just had to say good bye to.


If the fact that it was almost identical to the other van was not enough, it also had a sticker family on the back consisting of a mom a dad and 5, count them 5 children, just like my family.  Yeah for tender mercies.

No comments: