Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dream Big Preschool

Something I have been wanting to do for a long time is to own my own preschool.  I love to teach and I love little kids who want to learn.  I need to earn money so what better way to earn money while staying at home with my kids then to run a preschool, especially since Alex will be part of it.  I know I haven't mentioned this on here at all but that was because it was just something I was thinking of doing.

Well, this summer it seems that everyone who runs a preschool was done and they were selling all of their preschool items at yard sales.  I picked up a little here and a little there and before I knew it I had enough to start a preschool.  Once I got the details worked out I picked up a few more items at Deseret Industries and the Dollar Store.

After setting everything up in the front room I couldn't believe how cute my preschool looks and how much stuff I had to get started.  I also couldn't believe how much more I needed to really feel like I had what would make the preschool complete.

This is the wall where we will start our days.

This is the imagination play area.

Here is the shelves with all of the containers of learning objects.
This is the cabinet in the hallway full of all the other supplies I have gathered for the preschool.
I have been searching and creating lesson plans, scheduling out activities, and just plain getting super excited.   I needed a name for this preschool of mine.  I went through many different names and found that they were already taken.  I decided to forget about traditional preschool names and look to something unique about me and my family that could give us the name.  The first thing I thought of was DREAM.  This has become really special to our family.  When you take the first letter of all the kids names you can spell the word dream so I call my kids my DREAM TEAM.  Using Dream as my starting point I tried all kinds of word combinations that would be good for a preschool. Nothing seemed to fit.  I almost gave up.  Then I thought of Dream Big.  I thought that was a great name for a preschool and wondered why it took me so long to think of it.  Dream Big Preschool.  I like the sound of that.

 Now all I have to do is advertise so that Dream Big Preschool will actually have some kids in it.

No comments: