Our neighbor is a reporter for the Nebo Reporter. This is a local paper that comes out every Thursday and is included inside the daily newspaper. She heard about the girls cutting their hair for Locks of Love and wanted to write a story about their experience in the paper. When I told the girls they were really excited. They had their picture taken for the story and then waited to see the story in the paper. I got a call from one of my neighbors this morning telling me that she saw the girls in the paper and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it since we don't get the paper any more. I immediately went to the news stand and got a paper so that I could see the article. I couldn't believe it when I saw their story right there on the front page! My girls are front page news. The story was so well written and turned out so beautifully I had tears in my eyes. I was there when they cut their hair, the one who actually did the cutting, so I knew the story but I was so unprepared for the wave of emotions that ran over me as I realized that this beautiful story was about MY girls. I really am so proud of them for their charitable hearts.
The story was also printed on the internet. Here is the address of the online story for however long they leave it there.
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/south/payson/article_67a4cd9f-bcb8-57e6-a21d-ef5fb84aad88.html?mode=story
1 comment:
you know last time I did this, the hair salon didn't charge me dime, because I was donating it. When I did it, everyone around me was doing it after me too. I think it goes in phases. Locks of Love is such a fabulous idea. Makes for cutting much easier to handle :) Now if I could just grow mine back out....hehe.
Post a Comment