Today is it! The day Rebecca has been waiting for with excitement and the day I have been dreading. Rebecca went to Jr. High for the first time. This was a 7th grade only day at her Jr. High. They wanted the 7th graders to have a day to get used to the school and the new kind of class schedule before they were thrust into the claws of the beast (otherwise known as 8th and 9th graders.) She came home with stars in her eyes and a resolve to make this year the best year ever. We'll see if she still feels that way when she starts getting homework from all those "fun" classes. She has signed up for Drama and Choir classes and there are already auditions for the school musical this week. She can't wait to audition so she hopes this week doesn't drag on. I'm so happy that her first day went so well and I hope that she continues to love school and that Jr. High is all she hoped it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment