Come on Alex...just try to be a baby would you. He is just so ready to grow up. Well, he may be ready to grow up but I'm not ready for him to so he will have to listen to me calling him my sweet baby boy for at least another 18 years.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
4 months already
I can't believe it has been four months since our little man was born. I think that 4 months isn't really that long and that he should still be more like a newborn but 4 months is like an eternity to a baby so he really has grown so much. He is such a happy baby. He will smile and talk to anyone who looks at him (especially little kids.) He just brightens up the room. He is sooo cute too, and that's not just from his prejudiced mother. I took him to a funeral with me last week and even total strangers were coming up to me and asking me if they could hold him and take him to show their families because they thought he was so cute. People in the store will stop and play with him because they just can't resist his sweet smile. Makes me wish I knew a good modeling agency. With his smile and sweet personality he could make enough money to pay for his college education. Alas, he will just have to be Payson's best kept secret I guess.
Anyway, He just had his doctor visit yesterday and again he is doing really well. He hasn't gained as much weight as a typical baby does but there is no concern as long as he keeps gaining. He now weighs 12.5 lb. The doctor asked what he is doing developmentally and I ran down a long list. He is rolling over front-to-back and back-to-front, reaching for objects with both hands, pushing himself up when on his tummy, talking and laughing, taking lots of steps when we stand him up, and trying to crawl by getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. The doctor was impressed at how advanced he was and sat him up to see if he was ready to sit on his own since that was the only thing on the list that I didn't mention and have him do. I think Alex probably would have sat up if he wasn't so wiggly. The doc said that because of the excellent control and strength of his mid section he wouldn't be surprised at all if he started sitting up earlier than usual. Remember...this is the same baby that was so active at his 2 month check-up the doctor had a hard time examining him and couldn't believe how active he was then either. When Alex watches his sisters play, his arms and legs go crazy and he tries to jump out of my arms as if he could get down and go run and play with them. I honestly think that if his tiny little body was strong enough he would be running and playing already. One good thing about all his activity though is that he really wears himself out. His little body is so worn out by the time he goes to bed that he sleeps for 10 hours every night. I recently started him on cereal because he is always so hungry and he totally acts ready for solid foods. I know that it is better to wait until 6 months but I had to do something for this poor starving little boy. He took to eating from a spoon on the first try like he had been doing it forever. None of my other kids have ever taken to eating so quickly. He was so excited to eat, he kept grabbing the spoon and trying to feed himself.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He definitly is So cute!! What a great smile he has.
He sounds a lot like Malias! He started sitting at 4 months and walking at 8 and a half!
It's so fun but also sad when they want to grow up so fast.
Post a Comment