My special day started with lots of hugs and kisses and tons of smiles and then I was presented with gifts for me that the kids had worked really hard on and some beautiful flowers from my hubby and Elizabeth, all followed by one of my favorite breakfasts. Then we went to church where the spirit was so strong I couldn't hold back the tears of gratefulness and love. When we got home the house smelled soooooo good because CJ had started dinner before we left. He made me a really good slow cooked smoky pork roast. Mmmm, yummy! After dinner the girls and I went through some memory books and had fun just being together while CJ kept the baby occupied. The day couldn't have gone any better. I hope all the other mothers out there had as wonderful of a day as I did.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Mother's Day
What a wonderful Mother's Day it was yesterday. This day really snuck up on me. I couldn't believe it when my family asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I thought that it was still pretty far away but then they said it was only a few days away and I couldn't believe it. I gave the same answer to them that I give every year...I already have everything I want for Mother's Day...I have the most wonderful children ever and I couldn't ask for more. All of my children (even the big one who takes care of us all so well) are the greatest gifts I could have ever received and they make me so happy I can hardly contain it. I really do feel so blessed to be the mother to each and every one of my children.

My special day started with lots of hugs and kisses and tons of smiles and then I was presented with gifts for me that the kids had worked really hard on and some beautiful flowers from my hubby and Elizabeth, all followed by one of my favorite breakfasts. Then we went to church where the spirit was so strong I couldn't hold back the tears of gratefulness and love. When we got home the house smelled soooooo good because CJ had started dinner before we left. He made me a really good slow cooked smoky pork roast. Mmmm, yummy! After dinner the girls and I went through some memory books and had fun just being together while CJ kept the baby occupied. The day couldn't have gone any better. I hope all the other mothers out there had as wonderful of a day as I did.
My special day started with lots of hugs and kisses and tons of smiles and then I was presented with gifts for me that the kids had worked really hard on and some beautiful flowers from my hubby and Elizabeth, all followed by one of my favorite breakfasts. Then we went to church where the spirit was so strong I couldn't hold back the tears of gratefulness and love. When we got home the house smelled soooooo good because CJ had started dinner before we left. He made me a really good slow cooked smoky pork roast. Mmmm, yummy! After dinner the girls and I went through some memory books and had fun just being together while CJ kept the baby occupied. The day couldn't have gone any better. I hope all the other mothers out there had as wonderful of a day as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it!
Nice day indeed.
Your littlest girl is so cute! We sat behind you in church and I couldn't help the giggles. Would love to get your older girls together with em and Alyssa this summer I think they would hit it off
Post a Comment