Believe it or not our little Rebecca is moving on to Jr. High. These are her last few days in Elementary school. I can't believe that my little girl has grown so big. I'm so glad that she still lets me call her my baby girl. She went through so much in her first few years of life with her eyes, eventually needing 4 surgeries just so that she would be able to see like you and me. She has always had a love of reading, even when she was just a baby she LOVED being read to. She still reads a ton to this day and I think that is what keeps her eyes so strong. She loves to sing and act and is a big help to anyone she meets. I think her favorite activity second to reading is giving service. She is so happy when she is serving others. She looks for opportunities to help everywhere she goes. She has done well in school considering she has had to switch schools so often. She has attended 4 different elementary schools. That makes it hard to make friends but we are here to stay now so hopefully she can find some good friends that she never has to leave behind. Rebecca is a special girl and I feel so blessed to be her mother. We love you so much Rebecca. Now begins your journey into young womanhood.

..............Kindergarten.............
................1st Grade................
...............2nd Grade..............
................3rd Grade.............
...............4th Grade............
...............5th Grade...........
..................6th Grade..............

This school does not have a formal 6th grade graduation like her last one did but they did have these pictures taken. I don't know that I was entirely ready to see her in cap and gown just yet. It's a good thing this is just a graduation from 6th grade and not school all together. That will be a hard day...anyone got a tissue.
9 comments:
Very cute pictures.... What class is she in? Emily is in Mrs. Davies.
Thanks sooooooooooo much mom what a great surprise i love you so much i love this surprise
She is in Mrs. Poulson's class.
What a beautiful Young Woman you have! they grow too fast. I am suddenly grateful for Kalli's september birthday because I am not ready for her to go to jr. high! thanks for a great post!
Shelly, that was a sweet post. I love that picture of becca it is scarey and exciting to watch then grow-up. I'm feeling mostly scared. They are half way done with school, they will be graduating for real in six years. Oh, my heck!
Love the post sis! And I like your blog image, the kids are sooo cute!!! I actually had forgotten about all the eye surgeries, so this post brought in a rush of memories. She is such a great girl, and you are a fantastic mom! Happy mother's day. Miss ya!!!!
yay! We are BOTH gonna be in JH!!!! SO sweet Aunt Shelly! I miss you guys!!!
Congrats to you both!! I can't believe how fast your girls are getting. On the other end of the spectrum, Kate starts kindergarten this year...WOW!!
Ask Rebecca if she is getting to big to be tickled.
Grandpa
Post a Comment