Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day at the beach

We still haven't explored very much of our new area yet. When we met Gavin and Jane for the going away party she asked us to meet her at Salem Park. It wasn't very far from our house and we decided we love it so much it is our new favorite park. There is a toddler play area and a play area for bigger kids that toddlers can still play on. A big grass hill for the kids to roll down. A bridge that spans over the pond that we didn't even get a chance to go on yet, and our favorite part, a sandy beach area where the kids can go swimming. I wish we would have known about the beach area because the weather was perfect for swimming and the girls wanted to swim so badly. I did let them pull their pant legs up and go into the water as far as they could without getting their clothes wet. It reminded me of some of the lake beaches my family used to visit when I was younger (but on a much smaller scale) so I wanted to go swimming too for old times sake. Megan loved the water but because she is so short she wasn't able to play without getting soaked. We had so much fun. This was the first outing with our new camera so I took tons of pix. Here are some of my favorites.

Megan on the bigger playground. She had so much fun.

Rebecca and Dakota on the fishing pier. Before we left their were some older boys running and doing flips off the pier. It reminded me of my brothers and the tricks they would try when we were younger.

Megan giving her Daddy some loves.

They were able to go farther out, I made them come in so I could take the picture.

A family photo.


Here is my first video. The microphone in the camera doesn't pick up very well if you are more than 2 feet from it so it is hard to hear the girls but you can hear me too well. Anyway, here are the girls rolling down the hill (posting video is fun but takes forever.)

3 comments:

kroberts@tectonixsteel.com said...

Shelly, you are in a picture. I am so proud of you. Your kids NEED to see you in family pictures. Way to go, there's one for the good old scrapbook!

Arrgh!- it's me, not Ken. However if I sign him out and then sign me in I will have to retype my comment, which I hate to do.

Matt Tanquary said...

I'm jealous! I want a wading beach near my house with fishing! Nice photos! Miss ya.

Fred said...

I really miss the girls. They are growing up to be such beautiful young women. Megan is priceless. I too am glad you got in the picture. You are such a beautiful woman and glowing with pride and motherhood. Mom