Saturday, October 17, 2009

The dreaded Dentist

Okay, so this is a pointless post but I thought I would share. My girls have been going to the dentist regularly since we finally got dental insurance last year. The office they went to in Orem was good and the kids made it through all the work that needed to be done. It was time for their 6 month check so I had to pick a new office for the family to visit so I picked the one closest to our house thinking that all offices are alike. I was totally wrong. I think this is the best dentist office ever. I decided to get my teeth cleaned too since it has been 20 years since my last cleaning so I visited the new office before they did. They liked that idea because then they would know what to expect when it was their turn. The first thing I liked was the smell. I hate the smell of dentist offices. The dental smells make me gag every time I walk in the door. Eventually you get used to the smell but that first assault on my nose made me dread even just taking the kids. This office smelled so nice when you walked in. There was no sign of usual dental smell at all. They have waterfalls in every room to keep you calm, as well as TVs but the access to the TVs and headphones in this office were much better than the other office. The feature I loved was the chairs you sit in. They are massage chairs so the whole time they were cleaning my teeth I was getting a massage. They also have a sound proof kids waiting area (so they can't hear the other kids scream) with a tree house, books, toys, and a TV with video games and a DVD player. That was a lifesaver when I took the girls in for their visit because they were all scheduled on the same day so we were there for 3 hours with Megan. They were so entertained that they almost didn't want to go. I think the only reason they left so easily was because they were hungry and the waiting room didn't have food. All the check-ups went really well, I only had one cavity, and none of the kids have cavities. It's so funny because they were disappointed that they didn't have a reason for going back. You know it's a really good dental office when your child comes up to you and tells you that they can't wait for their next check-up because the dentist office is the coolest place ever.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You've ruin all my future dental appointments. Now I must find a cool dentsit like that, or I can never be content going to the dentist ever again. Thanks alot!

Actually that really does sound way cool, and I almost wanted to go to the dentist after that post.

Ty Lyman said...

mine is cool too, but not that cool :) How much are you paying? I bet your bill will be AWESOME...to pay for all of the PERKS :) I wish I could lay in a chair and get a message...although, maybe I should stop cleaning my own teeth so I could lay there longer...Sound proof play area and all..Very enticing.

Someone else said...

Actually, because they are on our insurance we didn't pay any more for this dentist than the other one. That makes it even better.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging. I love reading all of your posts.

That sounds like a super cool dentist. Kate hasn't been yet (there was a dentist in our Orem ward who told us it's okay to wait until she's 5) and I'm really dreading the visit. The optometrist was a nightmare and the pediatrician is never fun! Anyway, maybe we'll just travel there every 6 months for our appointments!

Someone else said...

Hey Sarah. I would love it if you came here every 6 months for the check-ups. That would be so cool. (I know, I date myself with my language.)