Monday, March 23, 2009

Building: Week 14

Last week was the longest week ever! Every week since the build started has just flown by, but not last week. It just seemed to drag on forrreeverrrrr (Sandlot flashback.) I sure hope it picks back up. Anyway, here's the latest progress.

Stucco is done. Everyone on the build was disappointed in our choice of stucco color until I told them it wasn't painted yet...duhhh. It will be painted this week.


Not a good picture I know but this the garage door. I haven't seen it closed yet. They have to leave it up until the stucco is complete. I'll get a better picture when they finally close it.


I got to put deadbolt locks on all the outside doors. Here is the garage door opener too.


The finish carpentry has been installed. Now Rebecca won't be scared to go down the stairs.


Shelf over washer and dryer.


CJ is so excited about the generous window sills. He's going to put lots of plants on them.


The hallway is taking shape.

The kitchen pantry. My kitchen has started. Before you know it there will be appliances in there and it will be beautiful.
The doors and shelves will all be painted when we paint the walls so they will all match by the time we are done.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What do you mean nobaoy liked your gray stucco? I think it's wonderful, NOT! What were they thinking, duh? When will it be finished? And I forgot, what color did you pick?

Nancy said...

nobaoy is my own special word! I made it up all by my self! Argh! I hate typos.

Someone else said...

I told them I was not depressed when I picked out the stucco and do not want to live in a gray house. The stucco should be finished this week and the house should be finished by the middle of June. I picked an off-white for the main color and dark brown for the trim. I hope it isn't too much of a constrast. I'm nervous.

Anonymous said...

i love your house it's cool