Elizabeth and Rebecca participate in the 4-H Mentoring program. They are each assigned a Mentor who is a college student. Once a week their Mentors visit with them and do fun activities with them. The girls love the attention they get from their Mentor and are able to do activities that they normally wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Anyway, once a month all the Utah county Mentors and Mentees get together for a group activity. Last Saturday was their M&M activity. The group was going to attend the Comedy Sportz club in Provo. If you have ever seen the show "Who's Line Is It Anyway", that is what Comedy Sportz is, except for one difference, it is completely clean. If any of the Comedy Teams or audience members say something inappropriate they are "brown bagged" for the rest of the skit and have to wear a bag over their head. At the last minute Elizabeth's Mentor called to say she couldn't make it. I know Elizabeth would rather have gone with her Mentor but since she couldn't go I was allowed to take Elizabeth in her place. I was really excited because it sounded like so much fun. Liz and I got a seat in the front row and Rebecca and her Mentor sat in the seats next to us. My girls are very shy when talking to strangers so I figured they would just sit back and enjoy the show (I knew I wouldn't be yelling out anything.) It didn't take long at all before they caught the spirit of the show and started yelling out suggestions for the comedy skits. They had really good suggestions too. I was totally shocked at how badly they wanted to be heard. Two of Rebecca's suggestions were used and the skits turned out to be super funny so she was way excited. We really had a good time. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I would recommend the Comedy Sportz club to anyone, as would the girls. We can't wait to go back. It's great because you can go there on a date without the kids, or you can do it as a family outing because it is family appropriate at all times.
P.S. I did end up yelling out once. In the beginning the referee was warming up the crowd and was just asking for random words for practice. He asked for us to yell out characters from the show "Star Trek: Next Generation". Being one of my favorite all-time shows I felt compelled to yell out a character. I yelled out "Data!" Unfortunately, I was the only one that yelled out anything! I feel like such a nerd.
No comments:
Post a Comment