Wednesday, November 24, 2010

UFO in Orem

On the morning of Nov.6th I get a call from my dad telling me that he heard on the radio that there were sightings of a UFO in the Provo/Orem area. Since he lives in Arizona he wanted me to go outside and look to see if I could see anything. We don't have TV so I hadn't heard anything about UFO's but if there was one I wanted to see what it was so I went right out to my driveway and looked everywhere I could. He asked me what I saw and I said that I didn't see anything...maybe I'm too far away from Orem to see it. He told me to look up and down my street to see if I see anything unusual there. I could see a car coming down the street but nothing up in the sky. He said look up your street again...are you sure you don't see anything? I saw the car getting closer to my house and it looked just like my parent's car. Because of my social anxiety I usually tune out the cars on the street so I tried not to pay too much attention to the car, especially since my dad wanted to know if I saw any UFO's. I couldn't ignore the car for very long though because it was pulling into my driveway. I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally realized that the car that looked exactly like my parent's car actually had my parents in it! I hung up the phone and began to cry, overcome with emotions. Here were my parents right in front of me. I had been going through some really emotional times lately and was really missing my family, especially my parents. I secretly wished everyday that I could be near them and just hug them because I knew that it would make me feel so much better. Now I was able to do just that. I hugged them so hard, afraid to let go in fear that this wasn't real. They didn't know how much I needed them and how much this visit would mean to me. They had planned this quick visit for over a month but didn't tell me just in case they may not have been able to come after all (which very nearly happened.) When my dad called to ask me about the UFO's he was just trying to get me outside so I would see them coming down the street. My mom told him that I would never fall for a story about UFO's. Sadly, I actually did believe him and feel a bit foolish thinking back on it. But in my defense, I didn't believe there were really true UFO's I just thought that there may be something interesting catching people's attention and I was curios as to what it was. Anyway, that doesn't really matter, I had my parents and that was all that mattered. My Mom was asked at the last minute just before they left to make a wedding dress and a flower girl's dress for the following Saturday so we helped her as much as we could, enjoying what ever time we had with her. We kept the girls home from school for a day so they could spend time with grandma and grandpa. Grandma needed to work on the dresses so grandpa took them on a special date to lunch and an arcade. They had so much fun. Before we knew it it was time for them to go but oh how blessed we felt for the time that we had with them. What a wonderful surprise.
It won't be long before we get to see them again though. We will be seeing them next month because their Christmas present to us is to help us get to Arizona for Christmas. I am excited because then I will have my whole family (even my brother from Reno will be there) to visit with and hug until they can't take it anymore.

1 comment:

JAEAEAJ said...

Christmas in Arizona how lucky are you! Always nice to get a break from all this snow!
YAY for UFO's!