Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Talking Toddler

Alex continues to push harder and harder to learn how to run.  I just know that the first time he saw one of the kids run that it must have been his mission to learn to run as soon as possible.  He is one determined little boy to accomplish this mission because at 10 months he is almost there.  He has been walking for a while now and is really good at it.  He still has his drunken zombie wobble here and there but they are becoming less and less frequent.  He figured out how to go from sitting to standing without pulling up on anything two Sundays ago and he just kept doing it over and over that whole day.  It was like he just kept doing it not because he had to but because he wanted to so that he could get faster at it.  Now he likes to walk ALL over the house, in and out of every room.  He has also found his voice and loves to babble.  I think he likes to go into all the rooms babbling as he goes so he can compare the echo in each room and see which one is the best.  I want to get a video of it but every time I pull out the camera he knows its there and he wants to see himself on it so he won't let me video him.  He is so fun to watch. 


I also like to catch him when he is playing with the toys by himself because he talks to the toys.  He talks to them with facial expressions and all.  I wish I knew what he was telling the toys to do because he is so serious when he talks to them.  He also loves to dial the buttons on the phone and then put it to his ear and talk.  He does that one with facial expressions and head bobs too.  He is quite the chatter bug.  If I didn't know any better I would believe that there is someone on the other line and they are having a good conversation.  Of course all this talking is when he thinks he is alone.  He won't usually talk as much when we are playing with him.  What a character.

1 comment:

karijean said...

He is getting so big and so old. Time goes so fast. What a sweetheart!