We have so much more traffic in our neighborhood today than we have since we moved in. In fact it was so crowded with cars and people taking pictures you would have thought they were filming a movie down the street from us. I guess we should get used to it though because it is here to stay. President Monson has announced that Payson is getting a temple. It will only be 2 blocks from our house. Can you believe it, a temple in my backyard!!!! I am soooooo excited!!! I can't tell you what this means to me. I will get to see it every day. I have been reminded though that we have always had not one but many temples in our backyard. It is so easy to take the temple for granted when you have such easy access to them. Even in Arizona I was only 10 minutes from the temple. Thank you so much Ty for reminding me that I have always had this blessing.
President Monson Announces New Temple in Payson, Utah - LDS Newsroom
3 comments:
Congrats. I'm glad that you will have something so valuable so close. Being in Utah though you do have temples all around you. I'm kind of getting a glimse here what that is kind of like. It's not 5 minutes away anymore. I'm kind of jealous. Don't take advantage of it. Hopefully it will be a stop like the grocery store...you know, one that will be visited often, and easy to go :)
You are so right Ty. We do have temples all around us and we are so blessed with that. This makes 15 temples I could go to so very easily. I guess I have been spoiled by always living within 10 minutes of a temple. Here it is 30 minutes away which is still right in my backyard but feels so much farther. I take it for granted that I can so easily go to a temple any time I want while so many others have to plan entire days around one single trip. Thank you so much for reminding me that while it is such a blessing to be able to walk to this new temple I have always had that blessing available to me. I needed that.
I thought of you yesterday when I found out. I'm so excited for you! Definitely take advantage and go as much as possible!
Miss you.
Post a Comment