Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby poll winners

Here are the results for the baby poll.  Thanks to everyone who played along.  It was so fun to see everyone's guesses.

Date:
Grandpa Tanquary and Myranda with Jan. 4th  (Right on.  Way to go guys.)

Time:
Grandpa Tanquary with 5am  (Only off by 16 min.  Boy you're good.)

Weight:
Matt with 9lb. 1oz.  (Are you good or what.  It was off by 1 oz.  Thank goodness, I was expecting 10lb.)

Length:
Amy and Grandma Tanquary with 20.5 in.  (Right on again.  You know your babies.)

Name:
Well, everyone was a little bit off but they were so fun to read.  I think that was the best part of the game.

The grand winner is...Grandpa Tanquary with two guesses most closely matching the real deal.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Grandpa Tanquary cheated because he waited way too long to put in his official baby stat guesses. My guess had already come and gone by then, plus he had some inside information seeing that he was staying with the prego lady. I believe this is a bit like Martha Stewarts insider trading scandal...I vote for a disqualification. Sorry, Grandma Tanquary! However, I have a heart...I'll dismiss all charges...IF...I'm declared the offical winner. It makes no different that I was no where near close...that small detail makes no difference at all. Think about it Shelly, just give it some thought. Your Dad or Me...the chose seems obvious, doesn't it? ;)

Someone else said...

Well Nancy, you are right. Grandpa Tanquary had a bit of an advantage for the date of birth guessing so late after the polls had opened. However, you have to admit that the time of birth is unpredictable no matter how much inside info you have. Also, Myranda who was not staying with the prego lady also guessed the right day and was only off on the time by a little more than two hours. So technically if we disqualify Grandpa then Myranda would be the official winner.

I understand your dilema and your extreme desire to win...but ultimatums have never worked with me. Might I suggest you stoop to bribery instead. Chocolate has been know to work miracles. Good luck on your quest. : )