I haven't posted for a while and I feel like something is missing so I thought I would just post something. I wanted to say thanks again to those who left some activity ideas for us. They were wonderful. There hasn't been a whole lot new going on lately. We did finally get our fence finished. We had just the posts everywhere for over two weeks and were beginning to wonder if we were ever going to get a finished fence. It is finished now and looks good. We also installed the sprinkler system in the back with the help of some wonderful friends. We had a company come in and do the trenching and backfill for the sprinkler system. It saved a lot of time with digging and burying but they didn't do that great of a job when they backfilled so a lot of the work done on the sprinkler system will have to be re-done, but that is another story. As for the girls, Elizabeth is getting used to Jr. High. It is definitely a change from what she was used to especially in the area of teachers. It was hard getting used to a different teacher (some nice and some not so nice) for every class. She likes band but likes theater too so she is not sure which one she will sign up for next year. Rebecca is doing well. She is starting to get into make-up and nail polish more. She is also starting to like the color black a lot. She loves to cook, read (of course) and help everyone she meets. Dakota has had no trouble getting used to all the changes a big move causes. She has always been able to make friends easily and loves school. She also loves to bring me water (I've been super thirsty with this pregnancy), help around the house, and play video games. Megan continues to learn new words. She has got everyone in the family wrapped around her fingers with that sweet smile of hers. She also has the "puppy dog face" down pat. I think I'm in trouble because it is nearly impossible to resist. She did find scissors again but this time her hair wasn't the victim, it was the tablecloth. I had a check-up for the baby on Friday and everything is looking great. He moves around a lot and it feels so weird, but I love it. I can't believe that we are less than 6 weeks away now. CJ is in a different department at work. He still makes tables but instead of making plastic ones he makes aluminum ones. With the new department came a different supervisor and the difference has been a welcome change. He is much happier at work now. He also just celebrated his 5th anniversary with the company. Jack and Oliver are doing great. They continue to make us laugh all the time with the crazy things that cats do. We did have illness in the house for a while and thankfully it wasn't the flu. First Megan got really sick with a bad cold. It wouldn't have been so bad but because she wouldn't take medicine to bring down her fever she suffered a lot. After she recovered Dakota came down with the same bad cold and two days latter CJ got the same thing. They have all recovered well (except for a lagging cough that is driving CJ crazy) and no one else got sick. Other than that life is busy but good in the Thomspon house.
Here are some pics of the sprinkler system before it was burried. I must say I'm very proud of the fact that I now know how to install and fix the pipes. I will learn how to wire them to the control box in the spring.
3 comments:
I guess you have your Christmas letter all written out now!!
Miss you!
I hope you have a drain installed to keep the pipes from freezing. You probably do.
Dad
Oooh sprinklers! Ya know, in Louisiana we can always tell who just moved down from somewhere dry. They put in sprinklers and we laugh, because it's so ridiculous in our almost below sea level community! They end up with too much water, poor desert folk!LOL
Post a Comment