Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lift A Teacher.org

My brother and my mother have started a new organization recently that I think is a wonderful idea. They started a non-profit organization called Lift A Teacher. He can tell it so much better than I can but I will try. They have made some excellent quality, heavy duty cards that kids can personalize and send to their teachers, coaches, school librarians, etc. to let them know how great they are, or to say thank you, or what ever they want. All the kids do is go to the web site LiftaTeacher.org and select a card they like and then personalize it. The organization will then print the high quality card and mail directly to the teacher for the students. This is a simple way to make sure their teacher knows how much your child appreciates them during teacher appreciation week, on their birthday, for the holidays, at the end of the year, or for what ever reason. You get the idea. The cards are only $2, and like I said they are really nice, quality cards so they will last for years. They even have it set up so that the school can register with the organization and earn money for every card that is sent to their school. It's a fund raiser similar to the "Boxtops", and "Campbell's soup label" fund raisers. The school gets extra cash with no overhead. It can earn the school money year round. There is also a place on the website that you can enter a teacher in a contest so they can win monthly prizes. They are able to send the cards to any school in the US so please, please, please pass the word to everyone you know, no matter where they live. Visit the website and look around. If you have any questions you can let me know. For those of you here in Utah, I have a set of the cards that I can show you if you'd like to see the high quality that they are.

I am only one person with my one little blog, but if all my blog friends told others about Lift A Teacher on their blogs and asked their blog friends to do the same we could really get the word out to so many people.

I know I'm prejudiced because this is my family, but I also think that what they are doing is so special and unique that I would promote it anyway. Sending a card to a teacher to let them know how great they are is an easy way to lift their spirits. It's also great for me because I am not crafty and I don't always have money or remember to get the teacher a gift from the store. This is an easy (and much cheaper) way for my kids to actually get the gift so that it really is personal and not something I did and had them put their name to.

Lift A Teacher is also on Facebook. If you are on Facebook I urge you to join their group and invite everyone you know to join their group too. They already have over 100 members from all over the country. It's really catching on. There was a company in Arizona that heard about what they are doing and thought it was such a wonderful idea that they are sending out their own people to schools to promote the cards. I am so proud of this organization and I would love to see it grow like wild fire.

Thank you so much for all your help.

1 comment:

Matt Tanquary said...

Thanks for the mention. We are very proud of what we have put together. :-)