It has been so long since I have been able to blog. I can't believe how long it's been. It's so funny, when I didn't have the Internet I would see things happen or take pictures of things so that when I got the Internet back I would be able to blog about it. That's all I could think about was the blog. lol Well, I am having trouble getting pictures off both my phone and my now broken camera so I don't know when or if I will be able to post them. Plus because I didn't write the things I wanted to post about down I think I have forgotten most of them. Anyway, I guess I can just start from where I am and put the other posts in when I remember them.
We found out after we moved in that not only do we not get cable but we don't even get local channels. We have the digital converter box but because of our street's proximity to the mountains the signals for the local channels bounce away from us (they call it the black hole here) and we are not able to pick up anything but one Spanish channel. I knew it would be hard without cable but I didn't think we would be completely without TV. I didn't realize how much our lives revolved around it, even if it was on just for noise. We knew that we needed the Internet for reasons I think all of you can sympathize with so we hunkered down and found a solution that was still more than we were paying but not as much as we thought we'd have to. It comes through a satellite they placed on our house so we had no problems getting it in our new neighborhood. I am very happy to have it back. We did decide however that we could not afford satellite for our TV as well so we have resigned to the fact that we don't have TV anymore. I was actually relieved because I have been wanting to unplug the TV for so long but knew that CJ wouldn't let me, now he has no choice and the TV is gone. That doesn't mean that it stays off however. Because they are still getting used to the idea that they can't just plop in front of it whenever they want they still have the desire like an addiction to have it on and doing something so they either play DVDs a lot or play video games. I hope one day the withdrawl from the TV can be complete and we can focus more on the gospel and each other rather than what noise comes from that box. I look at this as a blessing and pray that it lasts. (I will admit that I do miss watching the news though. That is where I'm having my withdrawls.) Anyway, I will post more later, I just wanted to let you all know that we are back.
6 comments:
I am so glad you're back. At least you have the internet so you can still catch your favorite shows online (that's what I do!).
Yay! Your back, I've missed you. Can't wait for more posts.
-Nancy (not Ken)
I was just thinking about you the other day. It's not that bad without TV. We've done it for a few years. I tell you that you find more time to be together and spend quality time when that annoying box isn't on. It's a great and wonderous thing. The things that help us get back to the GOSPEL :) I'm glad your back. I can't wait for the blogs to come from your memories :)
Miss you so much! Glad to see you are back!!
I forgot to tell you. We have satellite, but not the cable channels. We pay $15/mo for local channels and it comes with DVR. We had it in Orem, too. It's Dish Network...you should check it out. Mention Casey's name (the spell it incorrectly: Louis) as a referral and I think we get $50 (or something like that). We'll split it with you!
I wish we could get rid of the TV!!! I wouldn't even miss the news...maybe Jay Leno though. :)
Post a Comment