
Okay, so it's really hard to read, at least on my computer, but this is the post card we were given to hand out to invite people to the open house. I've been looking at it for almost a week now and seeing it on the computer made it more real to me. This is the open house for us and not for another group...WOW. The house pictured on the post card is the Parade of Homes house but the address in ours. That's right, the open house ribbon cutting ceremony will be at our house. Everyone is invited so if you would like to come please feel free.
Here are a few of the things done last week to finish our house.

There was a railing installed in the garage. I didn't expect that one.
The sod was planted. We did have many volunteers from the group and we were able to get all 6 houses planted in one day.
It doesn't look so pretty in the picture but now that everything has been cleaned up and the sprinklers have watered the grass it looks so much better. We will be planting our trees today and that will give the yard a more finished look. We still have a lot of landscaping to do once we move in but it will be on our time and not something we're being rushed into so I can't wait. We will also get a fence in about 2 months as part of the build but we don't have to have it to move in so that's why it will be done after we move in.I am going to be at somewhat of a loss now that I won't have the house to blog about on a weekly basis (after I blog about the open house of course.) I wonder if this is a tiny bit of what JK Rowling felt like after she wrote her last Harry Potter book. lol It's been a long road but we are at the end and it feels great.
3 comments:
it's about freak'n time:)
You're house is beautiful, I'm jealous. A brand new house and a new baby on the way!!
I'm glad it's finally over...I know it's been extremely hard but so worth it now that it's over, right?
MISS YOU!!!
So...did you have the open house then? When's the move-in date for you guys?
Post a Comment