I got some really bad news when I called the cable company to switch to the new address. That part of the neighborhood is too new, they don't have cable lines out there yet. WHAT???!!! I just got cable and I love the high speed internet through cable because I've never had a problem with the connection and it was so much cheaper. I asked when they plan on installing the lines and all the operator could tell me was, "not in 2009". I was crushed, this means that the girls will loose cable (not a bad thing in my opinion but they actually cried) and I will have to go back to Qwest for internet. So I called Qwest to re-start our high-speed internet. I was floored when that operator told me the same thing that the cable company did...they don't have high-speed internet available for that area yet either. NOOOOOO!!!! The internet is like another part of me. I might as well crawl into a box and never come out. What am I going to do without the internet?! I was told that they did have dial-up internet available. I thought, what's the use, dial-up is such a dinosaur that I will go crazy waiting for each page to load. Our only other option is UTOPIA, a very expensive internet available in only a few cities and ours is one of them. I can't believe I am faced with this option. It's like going to buy a car and all they have is a Model-T or a Lamborghini. Like I said, I just want to cry. Well, this is what's going to happen. We probably will get dial-up so that I can still pay my bills and hopefully check email, but blogging probably won't be an option since dial-up can't handle it. I might be able to blog occasionally but definitely not with pictures. I will try to keep up on your blogs but it may take an hour just to read one post so I don't know that it will be possible. If our budget allows we will think of getting the very expensive internet so that we can be part of civilization again but who knows how long that will be...a week, a month, a year. Until then, know that I'm doing the best I can to still be a part of the blogging world.
By the way, my ultrasound is tomorrow morning. I will be taking the computer down tomorrow so you may never know what the results are. You can blame the phone and cable companies for not putting cables in EVERY neighborhood. Just kidding, the appointment is in the morning so I should be able to blog one last time before the move. However, my day is so full tomorrow that I may forget to blog. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.
2 comments:
have you looked into satalite? My brother did it for minimal and because it was satalite it was pretty quick. If I can get it out here in the boon docks of ALASKA you might get it there. :) vontage....you should look into it, you may be pleasantly suprised, or not, but it's worth a try. YOU BETTER POST :)
I think I'm going cry, too. What are we going to do now?
Post a Comment