Wednesday, November 5, 2008
A Great and Terrible Day!
Yesterday was an eventful day for us. It was truly a great AND terrible day. First is the great part of the day. I went to a Rural Housing open house for some homes that were finished in Santaquin (a city just south of where we will build.) They had two homes there that have the same floor plan as ours so I was excited to see how our house will look when it's not just a drawing. I'm definitely looking forward to that kitchen! I talked to the families that just went through the building process just to get their thoughts while the difficult process was still fresh in their minds. I don't know that it helped. They all said that it was almost more than they could take. I know it will be hard but the more questions I asked them the more scared I got. For a brief moment I entertained the idea of dropping out of the program because I didn't know if we could handle it. In the end I just walked through the home picturing life with our family in the home and my fears were quieted and I knew that we are doing the right thing. So later that afternoon CJ and I went to the Title Agency and finally closed on our home. It is so weird because I expected the closing to have a lot more paperwork, stress, and anxiety involved. There was a lot of explaining but it was over fairly quickly and we are now able to start construction (when the other families have closed their loans of course.) The other great part of the day came right after closing. We went right over to the school and cast our votes in this historic election day. Even though my one little vote wouldn't make or break the election I knew that I had made my voice heard and that I had a say in the future of our country. Now for the terrible part of the day. It all started with the van. I went to back out of the driveway and had a hard time as if there was something on the ground that was blocking the tires. I checked and didn't find anything in the way. After a few more failed attempts to get out of my own driveway I realized that there was a serious problem with my van and it was going to have to go to the shop. Next was an accident that happened in the basement of one of the homes I went to see. While I was surveying one of the basements Megan had found a plank and wanted to climb over it. To make a long story short there was blood and she was injured. I will post more about that accident in another blog. While Megan's injury will heal, the last terrible part of the day will take many years to recover from, and it will be even harder to handle than a grueling year long build process. The election results came in and my worst fears were realized!!! I am too upset to talk about it so I will leave it at that. So there you have it. November 4, 2008 will forever remain as a great and terrible day for our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's not all that bad. Someone has it worse. You know the reason why it was cold today right? Call me and I'll tell you :) you'll laugh make your day great LOL. 623-6098
Sorry about the crappy parts of your day. I hope your van is okay, car problems totally stress me out. I hate feeling at the mercy of the machanic waiting for the call to see if it just a minor repair or if it's going to cost you your first born. You never know. Good Luck!
Post a Comment