Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's too late at night to think of a title.

So I just realized that it has been way too long since I put up a post. I have been busy lately, its just been with nothing post worthy. I guess I could at least go through my old photos and put another one up. Hopefully I'll do that tomorrow (technically that would be today since it's after midnight.) Anyway, here is a short update on the house. We've been delayed AGAIN. I no longer think we are going to start building this year. I am beyond frustrated but since I can't do anything about it I will just sit back and wait for the word, go. The construction supervisors have put in the build permits to the city of Payson and we are waiting for those to come back. Once they come back...this week or next...we technically could start building. That was our last hurdle. However, since the process is taking so long we had some families drop out of our build group and now we don't have enough families to get started. We need 6 families to start building and we have 5. We are just waiting for one more family to join our group. Since they don't advertise and just rely on word of mouth this could take weeks. Ahhhhhh!! Okay, I got that out of my system and I do feel better.

As for the girls. Megan's fingers are looking really good. It has been two weeks. Her cuts are almost completely healed and the bruising is minimal. She is still wearing her splint though just to protect the healing bones. The older girls all got their report cards today and they were great! All of them are doing really well in Math, Science, and Social Studies. Elizabeth got A's and B's, Rebecca got A's and one B (she even got 116 out of 100 in reading, no surprise there though since she is always in a book), and Dakota got all A's. This is a significant improvement for all of them and we are so proud of their hard work and great achievements.

We are getting ready for a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Tanquary next week for Thanksgiving and are soooooo excited for them to come. Other than that there isn't much to report. I guess that means I get to go to bed now. Thanks for reading and I hope to have something else soon.

2 comments:

karijean said...

It's fun to hear about what's going on in your life. Kalli is so funny. She was so paranoid about giving me her report card and she didn't want to but she got mostly A's and 2 B's. Kids are funny.

Ty Lyman said...

We pay our kids to get A's :) Austin is putting us in the poor house :) Wait, I think I'm already there....LOL. it helps motivate some of my kids though :)