Monday, September 8, 2008

Student Governemt

Elizabeth came home with some great news. She has beat out many other students to become the Vice President of her school's student council for one semester. This was an amazing feat for her because she is normally so shy and hates attention from anyone but mom and dad (and sometimes she doesn't even want our attention.) To even be considered she had to get the recommendation of two former teachers and her parents, write a paragraph on what student council is and why she would be a good candidate, and to top it off she had to complete a personal interview. All of these tasks would normally have been too much for her but she wanted to be in student council so bad that she completed all of the tasks with ease. The only thing she is nervous about is that she has to go on camera sometimes to deliver the school news. I am soooooo proud of her! Way to go Elizabeth, you will be an awesome Vice President.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations Elixabeth! That is so awesome. I love that she overcame her fears to do something she really wanted.

Nancy said...

Sorry, that x looked like a z to me until I saw it posted. I hate that you can't edit comments after they are posted. Sorry I can't spell.

desertdogaz said...

Great job Elizabeth! Grandma and I are so proud of you. We can't wait to come up and see you guys on Thanksgiving.