I can't believe that it has been a year since we were blessed with Megan in our lives. It has been so much fun, so I guess that's why the time flew by so fast. Can someone please tell me how to slow time down because she is growing too quickly!!
How can you resist a smile like that?! She is never in trouble because all she has to do is flash that little smile at me and I melt like butter. She didn't start out very social at all. She wouldn't look at anybody. I am so glad that she has decided to not only look at us but smile at us too. It would break my heart if I had to miss out on such a sweet little smile. She is starting to laugh as well. It's not a big belly laugh, it's more of a fake little laugh, but I'll take it. It makes me laugh everytime she does it.
Her first birthday came faster than I was ready for. We decided to have a quiet little family birthday party for her. She wasn't too thrilled about all the attention she had gotten that day. We took her to the mall to show her off to all my friends at Build-A-Bear. I put her in the display window for a picture and it came out so cute. She looks so tiny next to all the animals. I made her wear her party hat so that everyone would know that it was her birthday. She didn't mind in the beginning but you can see how thrilled she was by the time we got to the cake.

Daddy didn't mind that I made him wear the hat so much, he just hated that it was pink.

She is the first one of our babies to actually eat real food and like it, so when she got a big piece of cake infront of her she didn't hesitate to jump right in. I can't believe how fast she ate that cake! There was hardly anything left on the plate when she was done. If I had chosen chocolate cake (hind sight is always 20/20) you would see only a small mess on her. Most of it was me trying to make her look messy before she ate all the cake.
All in all, it was a great birthday. We had so much fun, and I think for the most part, so did she. I know that her second year will fly by even faster and it is killng me. I hope that I won't get so busy with life that I miss it. Keep an eye out for updates on what she is up to now that she is officially a 1 year old.
3 comments:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that blogs after midnight :)
She has grown so fast. She is still a tiny little doll though. Her little party looked so fun. Congrats on the 1 year old. Before you know it she'll be the last one at home.
Such cute pix! Its so fun to have these blogs to share!
I just love your girls. They are so awesome.
Post a Comment