Thursday, January 2, 2014

Funny Little Man

Alexander has always had a very good vocabulary and been very good at communicating.  I don't think he ever did "baby talk".  I love talking to him because the way he talks to me is so mature that it is hard to believe such a little boy is speaking to me.  If I say a word to him and he doesn't know what it means he will ask me what the word means and then try to use it in a sentence.  It is amazing to watch.

I just have to share my most favorite thing he said recently.  It isn't so much what he said but the way he said it that just makes me laugh every time.

Alexander and Megan had some friends over and the friends wanted to go play in the snow out in the back yard.  Megan quickly got her coat, boots, and gloves on so that she could play in the snow.  Alexander didn't want to take the time to put any of those good winter items on.  He didn't think he needed them.  I let him know that without shoes and a coat he would get very cold, very fast and it wouldn't be fun.  He again assured me that he was a big boy and he would be just fine.  His older sisters tried to plead with him too because they know that I speak the truth.  He insisted on playing the way he is and went out the door with a smile and a, "see you later Mom."  His sisters looked at me with a dumbfounded look and I just said to them that he would find out soon enough what we were talking about.  They just shrugged and resigned to wait.

Two minutes later the back door opens.  Alex steps just inside the door and stands there with this serious look on his face and doesn't move a muscle.  He looked at me and matter of factly said, "Well, THAT was a bad idea."  He told me that it was cold and that it was not a good idea to go outside without a coat and shoes.  Without another word he walked into his room to get the right winter items on and then went back out to play.  I laugh every time I think about it and now when someone makes a mistake and they feel silly we just look at each other and say, "Well, THAT was a bad idea."

I love that little man sooooo much!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sooooooo cute! He is very mature and I'm also amazed at how well he talks... Didn't I happen to be there on this day?? :-)