One of the best memories I have of high school is marching band. We spent so much time together and music was a passion of mine so I couldn't wait until I grew up, had kids of my own, and they joined the marching band. Then I could officially be a Band Mom. I must say, it is awesome being a band mom. This is my first year with the kids in band and they planned their band tour to the one, the only, Disneyland. Of course I had to go and be a chaperon. Not only were they going to Disneyland but they planned on being their on Halloween. How cool is that?! I couldn't wait to see the park all decked out for Halloween.
In the beginning of the year Lizzie was marching with the band with the clarinet. She had some conflicts and decided that she would try marching band the next school year when she didn't have as many conflicts. She had however already signed up for band tour so even though she wasn't really part of the band anymore she still went with us to Disneyland. Rebecca of course is in the Color Guard so she went too.
We had a blast. This was just after the new Cars Land opened so we got to see all those fun new attractions. There were Mickey jack-o-lanterns everywhere. And the crowds were all dressed in their Halloween best.
The hardest part for me was leaving CJ in charge of the store for the three days that I would be gone. I had to give him a crash course in our new cash register and give him the schedule so he could run the store with no issues. He didn't enjoy it very much but I think he did a very good job running his store while I was gone.
Here are just a few of the pictures that I took on our little adventure.
 |
| I am the one on the back row with the two kids clinging on to me in terror. I guess they named the Tower of Terror correctly. |
 |
| We went on the Tower of Terror a second time. Rebecca stayed safely on the ground and Lizzie reluctantly agreed to let go of the seat while at the top. Needless to say, I don't think she will be riding that one again any time soon. |
 |
| A rare selfie. |
 |
| The girl in the middle is Camille. She is Rebecca's Color Guard director. |
 |
| This is the very tree that less than a year before tried to smash our family and ended up drawing blood from my father. They have trimmed it back a lot. |
 |
| The streets of Disneyland are still open yet Lizzie is the lone wanderer. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that World of Color was playing on the lake right behind her. |
It was an amazing time I got to spend with my girls. I look forward to many more years as a band mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment