Friday, January 20, 2012

Ahh...the sounds of construction.

Day 1 of flooring:

Well, actually in our house it's the sounds of deconstruction.  I was so excited for start day.  I must admit however that even though I new we had to tear up the old floors I wasn't entirely prepared for what that really meant.  The loud echoing sounds of all the hammering and cutting were very reminiscent of the days we were building our house.  It was quite exhilarating, but the mess and the sight of the men pulling up the floors that we have been walking on for over two years was a little unsettling too.

Eating their last lunch pic-nic style on the old floor.

All ready for the make-over.

Ripping out the carpet (that was the easy part.)

We are so glad to have our friend Glynn helping us with this project.  Not only is he a great guy and a lot of fun to be around, but he does floors for a living so he has all the tools and knowledge to get us through this major job.

If these old floors could talk.

Entryway.

Pulling up the linoleum and all that underlayment (that was the hard part.)  I was the one who put in the underlayment so I made sure that it was really stapled well.  Great for the linoleum but not so fun when you are trying to pull it up years later. 

Shoes are required at all times right now so that no one steps on a staple or gets a sliver.
No turning back now.  I can't wait to see the finished project.

No comments: