Monday, December 20, 2010

First Hair Cut

I have said for a while that Alex needed a hair cut but I was unsure how to cut a little boy's hair and still have it look cute let alone the fact that he is super squirmy.  I don't know why I thought that day was the day to do it but as I sat him in the tub getting ready to wash him one day I just decided to give him a hair cut instead.  I took him out of the tub, cut his hair, then put him back in the tub to finish what I had originally started.  I can't believe I did it.  Looking back now he probably could have gone a while longer before people started whispering about his long hair but the urge to cut was super strong and what's done is done.


This is probably the best picture I have for the before picture.  His hair was long on top and went over his ears.  It was also so long in the back that he had tons of curls that I could run my fingers through (what was I thinking, cutting off those sweet curls.)


Here is the after picture for the back.  It didn't turn out too bad for a boy with two cowlicks.


This is the after picture for the front.  It is shorter on top then I pictured in my head but it doesn't look too bad, especially for a first attempt...did I mention that he is a squirmy baby.

While I didn't think it looked too bad I was told by a higher authority that it didn't look that good either.  I was asked if I would just let it grow and we'll see where it goes from there.  I don't mind because I am really missing those sweet curls more than I thought I would so I can't wait till he gets them back.

1 comment:

Matt Tanquary said...

I like it! He's cute no matter what his hair looks like. :-)