Friday, July 2, 2010

Haircuts

Three years ago Elizabeth and Dakota donated their long hair to Locks of Love. Rebecca wished she could but at the time her hair was too short. They loved the feeling so much that they have been growing their hair since then with the intention of donating it again as soon as it was long enough. With the heat of the summer coming on and a little brother who pulls their hair every chance he gets they decided it was time for a haircut. I got out the scissors and asked them if they were really sure they wanted to do this. They were all so excited and couldn't wait to have hair their hair chopped off.

I put their hair in to a rubber band and measured how many inches (the minimum length to donate is 10 in.) they were about to loose. My cousin Darin was still here and he shaves his head bald so he kept teasing them that he was going to buzz their hair off. They made me promise not to shave them bald.


Dakota donated 12 inches and loves her short hair. She keeps flipping it back and forth saying how much lighter she feels.


Rebecca who had long hair for the first time in her life cut off 13 inches. Her hair ended up with a little bit of a layered look and she loves it so much.


Elizabeth, who has the thickest hair and couldn't wait for relief, donated 14 inches. She loves the fact that it only takes a few seconds to brush her whole head of hair now and not a life time.


Here are my girls now with their new hair (yes, I like to take pictures with one of them seated.) They look so cute with short hair. Rebecca and Elizabeth plan to grow their hair and donate it again but Dakota is still undecided because long hair is a lot of work and she is loving short hair right now.

6 comments:

The Carson Family said...

I love it! They look so good. I am impressed. You do a good job cutting their hair. I would be too nervous...They look cute. :)

Ty Lyman said...

Look at those cute girls.

karijean said...

Looks great! You have such pretty girls!

The Woodland's said...

Your girls look so cute with short hair! Way to go girls, Locks of Love is a great program. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Awww! LOVE it!!!! :) :) :)

You guys should check out the blog I'm making for my family!

tanquary8az.blogspot.com!

srry if it looks like copying...but I couldn't think of anything else! :) :) :)

Miss you!!!!

(this is myranda btw)

Fred said...

These are some beautiful young ladies, and I am proud of them.

Grandpa