Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Happy Birthdays!!
Last week we celebrated Rebecca's 11th birthday and Elizabeth's 12th birthday. I feel really bad that I didn't blog on their birthdays but they forgave me. Rebecca was soooo excited for her birthday. She counted down the days, hours, and minutes constantly, lest we forget that her special day was coming up. Her birthday was on a Saturday so we couldn't spend the morning with her. She also had a primary activity that morning that she was excited about so I asked Nancy if she could take the kids to the activity for me. She not only took them to the activity for me but then she took all 4 of them back to her house until I came home from the build. That was so special for them and they really loved the time with their friends. While they were there they made cupcakes to share with Rebecca for her birthday. Rebecca wouldn't let them sing happy birthday to her until noon because that's when she officially turned 11. I thought that was pretty funny. Elizabeth was a different story. She was happy that she was finally turning 12...until it happened. Everyone in church (her day was on Sunday) that passed her seemed to know it was her birthday whether they knew her or not and they all wished her a happy birthday. By the time she got home she no longer wanted anyone to remind her that it was her birthday and she went to her room. She wouldn't even join us for her cake ceremony. Her dad finally convinced her to come out of her room and let us at least say happy birthday to her before she blew out her candles and went back to her room. Thankfully she ended up staying upstairs with us and even had a small piece of the cake. I think she's over whatever pre-teen hormonal thing that was causing all the trouble now but if we wait a day or two it'll probably happen all over again. She'll probably kill me for telling you this (and I don't blame her) but it was so unexpected that I thought I would share. Anyway, it was her first official day in Young Women's. I was invited to join her during opening exercises. I am so happy for her. I am so happy for them both. They are wonderful girls and I feel so blessed to be their mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was one of those people at church that wished Lizzy a Happy Birthday, I had know idea it would push her over the edge and into her bedroom on her special day. Dang those nasty hormones!
We had a great time with the kids on Saturday. Rebecca can comes over and clean with me anyday!
Oh, the joys of teenage girls. I don't have any, but I was one not long ago. Good luck and I'll be praying for you!
Happy Birthday ladies!
Post a Comment