Thursday, June 18, 2009

Girl's Camp

Last week Elizabeth went to Girl's Camp with the Young Women. My first little girl at Girl's Camp. I can't believe that she will be in Young Women's next month. Man, I'm getting old. She was so excited to go to camp and I was so excited for her. She started packing about a week before. I told her that probably wouldn't work because she still needed to wear the clothes that she packed. It was really cold and rainy (possibly snowy) where she was going so she packed like it was winter. I was fine with her going to camp until the day she went. All of a sudden I realized that she was going to be gone for a whole week! What if she didn't have any fun, what if she didn't have any friends, what if she is too cold, what if her sleeping bag gets wet, what if she couldn't eat any of the food because of her braces, what if she gets lost , what if she gets hurt?! I didn't think I was so wimpy when it came to sending my kids away but I guess I am. I knew everything would be fine, but you just don't know how you're going to react until it really happens.

So, she was gone for a whole week and I really missed her like crazy but I knew she was having a good time so I was okay. There was something I noticed that I didn't expect (and feel really guilty about. ahhhh!) The house was really quiet and peaceful all week. There wasn't one fight all week and we all worked really well together. How horrible am I for not wanting that to end. Okay, change the subject.


She got home Saturday morning around 11. We were out at the house so I kept calling to see if she was home and how things went. She told us all about it as soon as we got home at 2:30. She had a blast! She was cold the first night but after that she was just fine. She can't wait to do it all over again. About an hour latter she laid down on the floor and fell asleep. She slept the whole rest of the day. She had a lot of fun but she was worn out. She hasn't slept that much in a super long time. Last night they had an award ceremony for the girls and showed a video of the week at camp. Elizabeth was awarded the "Camp Crazy" award. She said that when her friend Tasia was there (Tasia went for one day) the two of them acted really crazy. I'm so glad that she had such a good time.



I can't believe that next year I will have two girls at camp!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I always love Girls Camp!